[ubuntu-uk] Unity - fails to load automatically -- "low-graphics mode crashes"

Matthew Sturdy matt.sturdy at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:39:34 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 20:31, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:

> Not really. The only thing that seems odd. Why are you using gdm? Is
> there a reason why you are not using lightdm?

aaaah...  I didn't realise that was weird... I have both installed.  Could
it be that both are starting at the same time and confusing everything?  I
imagine that gdm was installed when I moved to Gnome Shell!

OK, I'll run a few more tests, and see how it goes... If I can live without
one or the other I will aim to remove them!

thanks Phil!