[ubuntu-uk] Wireless inkjet printer?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed May 9 17:15:35 UTC 2012

On 09/05/12 16:46, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a relatively cheap and economical wireless inkjet
> printer (would be nice to have a scanner but not essential) that works
> OK with 12.04?
>
> Ta muchly!

I can recommend the Epson Stylus SX435W, although I don't know if it
works with Ubuntu 12.04 as I haven't upgraded, it didn't work properly
on Mythbuntu 11.10, but works fine on earlier versions of Ubuntu (11.04).

I've upgraded my MythTV media PC to Mythbuntu 12.04 so I'll give it
another try and report back.  The printer itself was about 50 quid from
Tesco, it has a scanner and supports wireless printing (even from a
phone) but scanning requires a USB cable to be plugged in.

Rob