[ubuntu-uk] Cron task?

Joe yothsoggoth at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:40:02 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do this.
You could write a little script that checks if the user has been idle for a certain amount of time, if so run your program. Then have cron run this program every minute or something?

I think "who -Hu" will list all logged in users and how long they've been idle for.
I'm not sure if this is the right type of idle though, and as I have only the one user I can't test it because to run the command I'm never idle.

Hope that helps a little,
Joe
Sent via BlackBerry® from Orange