[ubuntu-uk] Precise - some thoughts .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon May 7 08:08:11 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 23:16, Tony Pursell wrote:
> All the computers I use now have an option to show a boot menu.
> Usually something like Esc or F12.  Sometimes this shown as an option
> when the computer is starting up, sometimes not.  My desktop tells me
> it is Esc, my two EEEPCs don't tell me, but it is still Esc.  So I
> don't need to go into the BIOS to change the boot sequence.  Maybe
> your chap can find a boot menu option and you can avoid any mention of
> the BIOS.

This particular guy says it is an older computer.  I have no information
from him about hardware.  The thing is, Windows folk who don't know
anything about bios settings or boot menus haven't a clue how to find
out - most Dell computers kindly show the options briefly on the boot
flash screen, but a lot deliberately don't do.  It would be far easier
if mobo manufacturers adopted some sort of standard.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/