[ubuntu-uk] Precise - some thoughts .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun May 6 20:53:55 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 21:40, Bill Baker wrote:
> This very morning I had a wonderful example of similar. the user was,
> however, communicating via their desktop pooter whilst about to try
> Ubuntu on their netbook. It was a wonderful case of Four questions
> asked - four questions answered - Ubuntu installed. The difference
> here is that the user had enough nouse to ask before use.... if only
> the situation you describe could replicate that, then all would be good.

Less than two years ago, EVERYONE knew that Gnu/Linux was for really sad
geeks and none other.  Normal people use Windows of course.  In the last
eighteen months or so, that perception has changed.  It is up to us to
spoonfeed the new potential user without crippling the system as the
legacy folk seem to have done.  That is our challenge which is why I
would like to see a change in the way we present the autorun feature.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/