[ubuntu-uk] Lucid Update Manager not informing Me of LTS upgrade

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun May 6 17:02:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 08:22:16PM +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> On 04/05/12 19:59, Dave Morley wrote:
> >You can do "update-manager -d" However I would wait till there is a
> >clear upgrade path, or do a fresh install to get around it.
>
> um, do be careful not to accidentally overshoot and upgrade to
> Quantal Quetzal! upgrade-manager -d will show releases in
> development, which might not be what you are after.

Not when configured to show only LTS releases, which is the default if
(as the OP) you're running 10.04 LTS; in that case you'll get those
listed in http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-lts-development,
i.e. -d => 12.04.

Upgrades to 12.04 will become available to 10.04 users by default (i.e.
without -d) when 12.04.1 is released.