[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu beginners course in North Tyneside

kpb kpb at sohcahtoa.org.uk
Sat May 5 18:41:02 UTC 2012

On 05/05/12 19:32, Gareth France wrote:

> So because we find something difficult we should shy away from
> learning it, even though that's the way things are going to be from
> now on? Teaching people to use Ubuntu with Gnome 2 is rather akin to
> telling people you'll teach them to use a PC by using a typewriter.
> Unity is here and it's staying, so anyone learning to use Gnome 2 will
> either end up using Mint, or have to learn everything over again for
> Unity.

Gareth

Bea has done really well getting through the MS smoke screen in her
setting. I think she should be writing it up for IfL or Excellence Gateway.

I understand and respect where you are coming from.

Email me direct off list if you want to explore the issues that face
people in institutional education. I'd like to engage with you on this
one because the more people understand the issues about getting open
source into education the better.