[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Re: Wine on Precise

David Jones djones.dancol at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 10:46:59 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gareth France" <gareth.france at gmail.com>
Date: May 5, 2012 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Wine on Precise
To: "UK Ubuntu Talk" <ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On 04/05/12 22:43, Gareth France wrote:
>>
>> The Pokerstars poker client has always been a little flakey under wine.
The newest version tends to crash about once a minute, but installing an
older version of wine instead produced a stable result. It stopped working
after my upgrade, can't connect to the remote server. Having looked at
what's installed I can install wine 1.2 or 1.3 but 1.4 always gets pulled
down with it. Does anyone know why this is happening and any ways I can get
round it or make Pokerstars see the internet again?

> I suggest asking the wine folk this one.
>
> Regards,        Barry.

How do I get in touch with them? IRC?

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/

They have an IRC channel on freenode, #window they're probably your best
people to talk to.

Dave