[ubuntu-uk] Error report not working

scoundrel50a scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:46:53 UTC 2012

On 04/05/12 23:59, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 04/05/12 12:18, scoundrel50a wrote:
>> >  Since I had to do the reinstall, I keep getting crash reports, a
>> >  lot more than what I was getting when it was running beta 1.....I
>> >  click on the crash report logo, it brings up the box, which shows
>> >  what has crashed and where it says submit, I click and nothing
>> >  happens, so I cant submit the crash report....
> Sounds strange. I would clear out the crash reports by deleting all
> files in /var/crash. Then startup fresh and see what (if anything)
> crashes.
Ok, did that, and as soon as the laptop started a crash report box
appeared, blueman applet, so I went through the process again, and
nothing happened, how do you know if the crash report gets to you, how
do you know if its duplicate.....all the reports I have sent I have had
no messages back to say its been dealt with.........
>> >  then I try the terminal and use ubuntu-bug whatever and it says it
>> >  cant find the crash report.....
> ubuntu-bug<package>  shouldn't be looking for crash reports. It should
> just file a new bug.
oh, ok, now I have learnt something, what is the difference between a
crash report and a bug? Genuine question.....