[ubuntu-uk] Lucid Update Manager not informing Me of LTS upgrade

Pete Smout psmouty at live.com
Fri May 4 18:48:58 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have 1 remaining machine to upgrade to 12.04 (my main desktop /
server) and it is running 10.04 lucid (fully updated as of now), yet the
graphical update manager is not informing me that an upgrade is possible
even though I have it set to show LTS versions only.

If I set it to 'normal releases' it shows 10.10 as available but no
mention of the 11's or the new LTS. When switched back to show LTS
versions only it still shows 10.10 as being available?

Is this normal?

Please note if I wish I can do a dist upgrade via teminal I know but
less knowledgeable(?!?) users who are relatively new to the LINUX world
may be unaware / scared of this way of doing it.

Kind regards

Pete