[ubuntu-uk] Best way to contribute to Ubuntu? - was Re: 12.04 has locked me out of my account

kpb kpb at sohcahtoa.org.uk
Fri May 4 14:54:43 UTC 2012

On 04/05/12 08:25, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:

> On 2012-05-04 08:59, Alan Pope wrote:
>> It's funny you should ask that. I'm at a Canonical product sprint
>> this week and one of our tasks was to review the 12.04 release and
>> make suggestions for how things could be improved.
> Good luck this week, Alan.
>
> Any chance of getting some more window control into the Unity launcher?
> For instance, right-click-"Minimize all windows"? Or "hover over icon and
> roll mouse wheel to roll focus through windows"? I miss a lot of that
> from Gnome 2 and the new Launcher makes some apps very hard to use.
>
> Tyler

Hello Tyler

I'd like to know an app that you identify as being hard to use with Unity.

I'm not challenging you at all on this, I just want to appreciate Unity
as an interface, and that means looking at or trying to find edge cases.

Just one app that is not proprietary or that would give too much away
about what you do (just in case you work at GCHQ or something :-)

I'm your typical home user and do web, e-mail, office apps and some
photos and podcasting. All bog standard, not challenging UI wise.