[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 has locked me out of my account

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu May 3 20:46:02 UTC 2012

On 03/05/12 21:37, Gareth France wrote:
> Agreed, but what exactly would I be looking for? Short of copying out
> my entire home directory and the deleting folders one by one until it
> works I'm not sure where to start. I'd rather narrow it down from the
> get go if I can.

Where and what indeed.  I wonder if something old that you once wrote
into your .profile file or something of that ilk might be the problem?
Plymouth has to do with the splash.  If you arrange to boot with the
parameter nosplash it might give clues ...  but I'm really guessing in
the dark here.  It is a mystery to me why plymouth should be invoked
when logging in.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/