[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 has locked me out of my account

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu May 3 20:35:30 UTC 2012

On 03/05/12 21:19, Gareth France wrote:
> First thing I did but it's having none of it. I've seen a few reports
> of 11.10 doing the same if key files are corrupted but if I recall
> correctly guest login won't let me run nautilus as root so I can't
> browse the files in my profile. I'm also rather curious about why it
> just suddenly decided to do this rather than it happening upon reboot.

The time I've been spending on the Ubuntu answers team has shown me that
all kinds of nasties are occurring after an upgrade.  In nearly every
case, a clean install has been the best answer.  You might get to look
into your data etc by booting a live-CD and mounting the hard drive.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/