[ubuntu-uk] Where do the ubuntu reports go?

Andres Muniz andresmp at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:36:21 UTC 2012

----- Mensaje original -----

> On 02/05/12 09:44, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > ... and this is the most stable version of Ubuntu ever produced?
> >

> Has anyone asserted that?
>
> It's the best version we've ever put out IMO.
>
> I'd much rather we had a million crash dumps from hundreds of
> thousands of machines than none. We now know which apps are more
> crashy and in some cases why they crash. That's _great_ for us to make
> the platform better.
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Alan Pope

so if privacy setting set on will it come off? I know (or i guess) that no privacy information is sent any way, but: can you tick a check box to say that you do not wish the pop up to come up?

As a windows user recieving this type of message from time to time I most of the time say "no" since a) i do not undersand what goes out when it offers "details" and b) if it cashed i normally have been waiting for a program to load and "instinctively" i do not want to wait some more for it to reboot or to continue my work.