[ubuntu-uk] Annoying stuff about Ubuntu Unity

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 19:48:03 UTC 2012

On 2 May 2012 14:01, Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> wrote:
> I seem to
> be forced into Unity 2D - some suggest you should be able to run 3D on 2
> screens, but I've had no luck so far :(

It is likely that you have a chipset (intel 945 for example) where 3d
is not supported by the chipset if the virtual desktop is too wide
(greater than 2048 pixels for the 945).  So if the total width of the
two monitors is greater than that then you are stuck with 2d.  Though
that is no great problem unless you are addicted to fancy effects.

Colin