[ubuntu-uk] Where do the ubuntu reports go?

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed May 2 15:07:54 UTC 2012

On 2 May 2012 08:52, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 May 2012 22:23, Andres Muniz <andresmp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lately my ubuntu 12.04 has been finding problems that i did not know i
> had
> > and asking me if i wanted to report them. I say yes and off they go. Is
> this
> > something official or do I have myself a nice troyan? It does not offer
> me
> > to see what I'm sending. Or maybe missed it?
>
> This might help: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport

I would like to known what is happening here as well.  I have had a few
crash messages, allowed Apport to continue, it collects its information,
but then (unlike ubuntu-bug) it just goes away.  Now, I have looked in
/var/crash and found these files:

-rw-r----- 1 tony     whoopsie 4982308 May  1 22:28
_usr_bin_indicator-weather.1000.crash
-rw-rw-r-- 1 tony     whoopsie       0 May  1 22:28
_usr_bin_indicator-weather.1000.upload
-rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie       0 May  2 15:32
_usr_bin_indicator-weather.1000.uploaded
-rw-r----- 1 tony     whoopsie 2288145 May  1 23:34
_usr_games_sol.1000.crash
-rw-rw-r-- 1 tony     whoopsie       0 May  1 23:34
_usr_games_sol.1000.upload
-rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie       0 May  2 15:32
_usr_games_sol.1000.uploaded
-rw-r----- 1 tony     whoopsie  546263 Apr 30 23:37
_usr_lib_unity-lens-music_unity-music-daemon.1000.crash
-rw-rw-r-- 1 tony     whoopsie       0 Apr 30 23:16
_usr_lib_unity-lens-music_unity-music-daemon.1000.upload
-rw------- 1 whoopsie whoopsie       0 May  2 15:32
_usr_lib_unity-lens-music_unity-music-daemon.1000.uploaded

Interestingly, all the .uploaded files are date/timed when I just now
started my PC up for the day

The above link is interesting, but doesn't shed any light for me as to what
is actually going on here.

Tony