[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 Installer Doesn't Detect Partitions

Anton Kanishchev antonk20117 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:27:46 UTC 2012

I experienced the same problem -- run chkdsk /f (or is it (-f) in windows.
this is a ubuntu security feature because it has to resize a windows
partition, it needs to ensure it wont move half the windows folder to ext4
or something like that.
SOLUTION: boot into windows run chkdsk /f , restart twice and then put live
cd in. If that doesnt work then try defragging the windows drive as well.
Hope this helps