[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 Installer Doesn't Detect Partitions

Joe yothsoggoth at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:41:25 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

Yet another poor person having trouble installing Ubuntu 12.04, unfortunately :(.

Using the graphical installer on the LiveCD (clicking Install shortcut on desktop) when asked how to install partition-wise there's no option to overwrite Ubuntu 11.04 (not a big deal, but I'm sure there's supposed to be some kind of similar option). The bigger problem is, though, that when selected to choose the layout manually, my current partitions are not detected, which leaves formatting the entire drive as my only option.
As happy as I would be if I could do this and completely remove Windows, I do need Windows for some work stuff, so I'm stuck unable to install 12.04 unless I can sort this out.

Thanks,
Joe
Sent via BlackBerry® from Orange