[ubuntu-uk] Missing window decoration after failed upgrade to 12.04

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 1 21:57:19 UTC 2012

On 29 April 2012 18:58, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On 29 April 2012 18:39, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Tony,
>>
>> On 29/04/12 18:32, Tony Pursell wrote:
>>
>> > The first one to show up is a lack of window decoration.  It's something
>> > that I had a few years ago after a version update, but I've forgotten
>> > now what I did to cure it.  Can anyone help me?
>>
>> This rings a bell. Try running the Compiz Config Settings Manager (ccsm
>> in a terminal) and make sure the Unity plugin is enabled. Just a thought!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tony.
>>

> Thanks for the reply, Tony.
>
> I have rebooted and the widow decoration has returned.

I spoke too soon on this.  Yesterday, after a few hours uptime, the window
decoration suddenly disappeared again.  Also I notice that the background
to the login screen is just the Ubuntu default and not my desktop wallpaper
as it should now be.  I'm wondering now what packages might be broken due
to my interrupted upgrade.  Any ideas what it may be?  Or how I might check?

Tony