[ubuntu-uk] Problem installing

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue May 1 20:21:58 UTC 2012

On 01/05/12 21:13, David Smith wrote:
> Now without getting drawn in to a huge debate about Unity, I'm going to see how to disable it tomorrow and have something resembling 10.10.  But I want to add my two cents.  You wouldn't use a smartcar to plough a field,  You wouldn't use a tractor for city-driving.  What works on a touchscreen portable device does not work on a desktop.  Is the Windows 8 Metro UI going to divide MS users as much as Unity has divided Ubuntu users?

Could I ask you please to live with it for at least a few days.
Everyone reacts like you if they are used to the gnome desktop, but once
you are used to it, you'll more than likely want to stay with it.  And
yes, the Windows 8 UI is going to go down far worse that Unity because
it is designed only for touchscreens.  Unity is great with a mouse as well.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/