[ubuntu-uk] Strange question: record audio on time delay.

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Tue May 1 01:38:27 UTC 2012

Ok Guys,

This is an end-user question... which is strange because I usually think
I should know the answer to a question like this... but I don't.

It is reputed that I snow. Allegedly, when camping, people have confused
the sound with that of a quadbike due the the volume and consistency.

I'm not however, asking for anti-snoring advice - I have that in hand.

Given, that I've not heard it myself, it's difficult to empathise and so
I'd like to record myself snoring.

This creates some problems:

I don't want to record 7 hours of PCM audio.

I don't know any commandline tools to record from pulseaudio.

What I really need is a:

at 03:00 recordfrompulsemic1 for 600 seconds to ~/file.wav

Or something along those lines. I don't care if it's graphical or shell,
but I'm sure this isn't too difficult to do, so I'd be interested in
hearing what people thought.

Cheers,

Tim