[ubuntu-uk] unity - curiouser and curiouser .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon Mar 26 09:48:40 UTC 2012

Hi there .....   After the Unity behaviour thread, things got even more
interesting.  This morning, the login screen appeared in 12.04, and
after logging in, I got only the background and cursor.  No desktop or
anything at all.  The only way out was ctrl-alt-f2 and shutdown.
Logging in with 2d instead of 3d Unity works OK.  Even more curious, the
nice 'dodging' feature I like so much in the launcher is still there.
Don't tell the development team though: they'll remove it!

Before I report this as a Unity-bug, I wonder if anyone else has seen
it?  Or is there something else I ought to try?

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/