[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Mar 25 10:28:51 UTC 2012

On 23/03/12 22:23, Daniel Case wrote:
> I've been in the Ubuntu community for 5 years already and don't plan
> on leaving any time soon, but I think there needs to be some
> representation of the hacker culture that Ubuntu has built up over the
> years so that we can find the middle ground, it seems to me as though
> Canonical wants to believe that we are not here!

I think that there has been emotional hurt and upset which may have
been difficult but not impossible to avoid. I trust that ubuntu will
weather this with time, but I would have liked to have seen a
situation when a very senior Canonical marketing resource would have
handled some of the inevitable community pain a bit more elegantly.
Although it would be somewhat unprecedented in a normal business
environment.  But like a racing car, the direction can be changed in
an instant. I trust Ubuntu will win!
--
alan cocks