[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

scoundrel50a scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 10:11:59 UTC 2012

On 23/03/2012 22:44, Alan Pope wrote:

> On 23/03/12 22:11, scoundrel50a wrote:
>> oooh and who took your dummy away.......
> Actually my patience is somewhat thin today because we cremated my
> best friends Mum. Perhaps that has a bearing on my response, but it
> puts things in perspective. Life is short.
>
> Sorry if it seems that I'm being more harsh than usual. I'm just
> pretty tired of people bitching about Ubuntu and Unity and doing
> nothing about it but sending rants to people who can't actually fix
> the problem.
>
> We have developer lists and IRC channels for a reason, use them.
>
>> that was my reaction when I read that.......but the thing is, you
>> work for Canonical, so your going to say that, whatever
>> happens........
> That's pretty insulting to me. Well done.
>
>> what is frustrating is people on here are giving an opinion
> "Opinions are like<bodily_feature>, everyone has one".
>
>> and its being thrown aside is if it doesnt matter because you have
>> all this research into what people like, but people are here
>> telling you different, that has been going on since 11.04 people
>> have said they dont like it......and its not getting better its
>> getting worse.....
>>
> Other distros are available.
>
> Cheers,
> - --
> Alan Pope

I wasnt going to say this, but I will anyway, havent had a very good
couple of weeks either, apart from the life threatening disease I have
that am being kept alive by toxic drugs that I have to take every day, I
can barely walk, because I have chronic condition called plantar
fasciitis that causes me pain from my toes to my knees which even with
treatment its not going, I also have a condition that is called
arthropathy, that also causes me pain, and to top it off this week I
found out I have another degenerative condition which is neuropathy,
which is the nerves dying in my feet, which is most likely caused from
the toxic drugs I have to take every day that keep me alive.....so
you'll have to excuse me if `I am 'cranky' too.......plus the fact to be
told go somewhere else, is not an option, its taking me forever to get
used to Ubuntu, trying another distro isnt going to work....plus, from
what I can see, a lot of you are members of other distros too.....this
distro is enough....