[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 10:08:39 UTC 2012

On 25/03/12 10:48, scoundrel50a wrote:
> I am glad that he has been helpful to you, but this thread has shown a
> different side, one that says, if you dont like it go elsewhere, is
> that helpful, that is effectively telling people he has no time for
> them, that isnt consistent.....if he keeps saying that people will
> start going elsewhere......is that what you really want?

as long as people keep using and contributing to Free Software it is all
good. If you want Ubuntu to go in a particular direction there is very
little stopping you from actually dragging it in the direction you want
to go. Really. Participate remotely online in the developer summit that
is coming up in May, get involved in the various project mailing lists
and IRC channels, attend the meetings of the teams that are making the
decisions in these things etc. If some other distribution happens to be
going the way you want to go then by all means tag along with that. At
the last UDS I think Mark made the point that the opinions of those who
contribute to the project are valued a lot more than the opinions of
people who just use Ubuntu and have an opinion. Unity is quite
extendable in different ways and the documentation on it is improving
all the time, you can read all about it here:
http://developer.ubuntu.com/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity

if you want to do interesting things and influence the direction then
you can. If you are just along for the ride, relax and enjoy it.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk