[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:58:03 UTC 2012

Well, you can volunteer to support it, and put the option back in. Or pay
someone to do it if you don't have the skills yourself. That's the joy of
free software.

However, Canonical decided they weren't going to keep paying to support it.
That's their right too.

Neil.

P.S. Sorry for the brevity, this is typed on my phone.

On Mar 23, 2012 10:45 PM, "John Oliver" <jp.oliver at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think that the code should continue to be maintained. The
argument being put forth sounds to me like "It is not the default,
therefore no-one can have it". This argument does not work - look at
Windows - the taskbar has an autohide option. Look at OS X; the much
gone-on-about "full screen" mode (a.k.a. hide the dock) has just been added.