[ubuntu-uk] Unity launcher ....

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 21:06:11 UTC 2012

On 23/03/12 20:16, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> <soap box>
> Treating users as idiots is not a policy, it's a mistake.
> As soon as I find a distribution worth installing everywhere, I'll be
> switching. Mint doesn't cut the mustard. I'm a Kubuntu/Lubuntu user on
> desktop and Ubuntu server  but I don't want to anymore, I don't want
> to have anything with Ubuntu products.
>
> I know the PR spin, "it's to make new users' life easy" yada yada
> yada. But the new users don't discover Linux all by themselves, in
> most cases someone shows them and I don't want to show and talk about
> Ubuntu to anyone anymore.
> </soap box>

ok, well as long as you are still using Free Software it is all good.
The dodge thing was something Mark Shuttleworth really liked too, but
when they did lots of user testing and watched the videos of people
being confused by it they dropped the concept.
there is more about the decision here
https://lists.launchpad.net/unity-design/msg07835.html

Alan

--