[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Ubuntu desktop annoyance ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu Mar 22 10:08:50 UTC 2012

On 21/03/12 12:13, Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there .... This morning I am faced with the desktop icons showing
> the description and the tool-tip as well - see attached screenshot.
> This was after yesterday's updates to Precise.

I did try re-installing Ubuntu desktop using: sudo apt-get install
ubuntu-desktop^ as suggested by Popey in connection with another query.
This did not alter the situation.  All the icons in the
/usr/share/applications directory show the same problem - the
description and the comment show all the time for every icon.  I have
done a small screenshot of a couple of these icons.  I hope that will
'travel'.  Any ideas?  Or is it time to re-install Precise?

Regards,        Barry.

-- Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/