[ubuntu-uk] Beeb at 30

Smallshire i.smallshire at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:20:09 UTC 2012

I will be glad to meet anyone that is willing to chat techie and would be
willing to meet up.

Im looking forward to being able to meet people like George Auckland and
Richard Russell on the Domesday side of things as I currently own two
working systems and am close to getting a third working.

Once I have Uni out of the way I am looking to do a FULL extract of all of
the BBC AIV Discs and not just the usual Domesday ones.

Richard Russell and Sophie Wilson are the two people that I would love to
talk to about BBC BASIC as my brother and I have been in development of a
compiler written in python and run-time that can translate the entire VDU
subsystem of the old BBC Micro and RISC OS operating systems and hardware
into the local graphics without any emulation or original code.

My original BBC B is still running and have various projects using an
Arduino to implement an Ethernet to Econet bridge to name a few.

Im also looking forward to seeing the Raspberry Pi and if possible having a
chat with Eben Upton but i bet he will be busy on the day!

Im going to have to leave home at 7:30am and will be on my bike so am hoping
the weather is good!

I am half tempted to wear my Acorn Show 92 Polo shirt!

Regards

Ian