[ubuntu-uk] really really off topic ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun Mar 18 19:02:11 UTC 2012

On 18/03/12 15:09, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> You could try DOSBOX.

Thanks guys - it actually works.  I'm amazed!  I had tried a couple of
installations of dos - various versions.  For some reason I got nowhere
trying to install Win 98 - I guess the 2GiB of memory is seen as a
nonsense by these early versions.

DosBox is amazing, and really configurable.  The game is a real retro
one:  'Mario Teaches Sums', by a firm called Nintendo!  It might keep my
four-year old granddaughter happy for an hour or two!  I'm sure there
are far better early-learning games out there, but I really wanted to
see if this one could work.  More curiosity than anything else.  Thanks
again.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/