[ubuntu-uk] Internet Connection Sharing

Joe yothsoggoth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:46:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

In my university halls we have to use 802.11x authentication to connect to the internet, and so can only connect on a computer.
I would like to connect my xbox 360 to the internet too, and I'm told this can be done by sharing an internet connection from the computer.

I'm told this is a fairly straightforward task in Windows, but as I use Ubuntu 99% of the time I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out how to do it using that.

I have two network cards in my computer, one of which the internet connection goes into, the other I can use to connect the xbox.
I already have a crossover cable, too.
So if anyone knows how to do it, that would be great!

Thanks,    Joe.
Sent via BlackBerry® from Orange