[ubuntu-uk] really really off topic ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun Mar 18 13:15:39 UTC 2012

Hi folk ....  sorry for the off topic.  Please reply off list.  My wife
came home from a jumble sale with an amazing game and asked me if I
could find a way of running it for the grandkids.  It needs a maximum of
Windows 95.  It won't run under XP, Win 7 or Wine.  It is supposed to be
runnable under dos, so I tried making a spare drive partition bootable
to dos 6.22.  It won't install because it needs a language file (part of
Win 95?).  Then I tried installing Win 95 on the same 1.6Gb partition.
It installed just fine, but won't boot because of 'lack of RAM'.  It
evidently can't see the ram in the same way Windows 7 can.

OK - I ought to throw the disk away and forget about it, but I'm really
really curious.

Kind regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/