[ubuntu-uk] dig out your old computers...

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:52:11 UTC 2012

On 16 March 2012 17:17, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16 March 2012 17:10, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just FYI - I downloaded & burned Lubuntu 12.04 beta 1 x86-32 today. I
>> can't install it on my main Lubuntu box. Ubiquity crashes consistently
>> - 3 reboots, 3 times. It makes no odds if I choose an update, include
>> or exclude updates or restricted-extras.
>
> Did you do a check on the CD to make sure it was downloaded and burnt
> correctly?  Last time I had crashes during install I burned a new CD
> and it was ok.

I let Brasero do a checksum & it said no errors - but I didn't
download the separate MD5sum or whatever it's called, no.

Quicker to do an alt-CD. It's approaching 90% now and seems fine so
far. I'll try the other CD on my elderly PIII Thinkpad at some point
soon.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884