[ubuntu-uk] Launcher applets

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:08:52 UTC 2012

On 16 March 2012 13:00, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan, I do see your point. However, when, a while ago I first used
> Unity and the dash, I poked around  looking for stuff and trying to
> make sense of (something) ...  But I remember that when I came across
> this alphabet big list, I felt relieved! Logical or not logical, it
> still felt ok.

That's fine. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, and it's
quite possible that new migrants to Ubuntu as of 12.04 will be fine
with it.

It's those coming across from 10.04 that I'm worried about. They -
like me - are used to menus you can browse, & I think most of them are
going to hate the Dash and the HUD.

I'd be very happy to be wrong about this - but it's my suspicion.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884