[ubuntu-uk] Introducing Ubuntu & Unity to new people

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu Mar 15 16:41:33 UTC 2012

On 12/03/12 14:51, Alan Bell wrote:
> yeah, I suggested it. The best way is not to petition it or anything,
> but to implement it as a python based lens and submit it as an extra.
> I will do that at some stage, but it would be great if someone beat me
> to it.

I can't imagine I'll be immersing myself in this.  I did take a look to
see if anyone is developing some kind of simple IDE to build lenses in a
simple environment.  This seems to be the nearest I got:
http://mhall119.com/2012/01/simplified-unity-lens-development-with-singlet/

singlet seems to be a Python class library containing all the stuff
required to build lenses with little effort.  I might have a go - I want
to learn Python anyhow so I can buy a Raspberry Pi for the local junior
school and show the kids how to write simple games.  I got a couple of
online books that give some real possibilities.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/