[ubuntu-uk] Hdmi output-- ubuntu

David Jones djones.dancol at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:55:41 UTC 2012

On 15/03/2012 15:16, javadayaz wrote:
> My laptop is blessed with a HDMI output which probably works with
> Windows (its a windows machine.).
>
> How can I utilize this in Ubuntu? Ideally I would like to just connect
> to my 42" and watch the video or browse some pictures!
>
> Look forward to your advice!
>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Javad

I've got a HP Laptop with Intel graphics, I connect that to a 42" tv
without any problems to watch iplayer or movies etc.

As has been suggested elsewhere in the thread, I do have to switch off
the laptop off before connecting the HDMI cable, then restart to get the
laptop & tv to work at the correct resolutions.

If I don't do that, my display does get corrupted.

Dave