[ubuntu-uk] Introducing Ubuntu & Unity to new people

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 14:51:06 UTC 2012

On 12/03/12 14:35, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 12/03/12 10:31, Alan Bell wrote:
>> it could look like this:
>> http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/appmenulens.png
>> but it isn't designed that way.
>
> Oh yes, that's really nice.  I suppose you've suggested it?  And the
> nice Canonical folk are not interested?  Where can we petition to get
> something like it included?
>
> Regards,        Barry.

yeah, I suggested it. The best way is not to petition it or anything,
but to implement it as a python based lens and submit it as an extra. I
will do that at some stage, but it would be great if someone beat me to
it. The lens I have is functional, but an ugly hack of the default apps
lens. Since most of what I did was rip out code someone else spent time
writing I kind of doubt it would ever get in like it is, plus it is in
Vala which I don't really understand very well.
code is here, help yourself
https://code.launchpad.net/~alanbell/+junk/appmenu-lens

Alan.

--