[ubuntu-uk] Partitioning Question

George Tripp luggeorge at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 16:59:09 UTC 2012

>From: Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com>
>Sent: Saturday, 10 March 2012, 14:32
>Subject: [ubuntu-uk] Partitioning Question
>

>Hi

bit of advice on partitioning, please.

currently dual-boot Xubuntu and Windows 7. I've now got to the happy
situation where I no longer need any Windows applications.
Consequently I'd like to delete Windows and reclaim the 80 Gb of disk
space it takes up. Would I be better off simply clearing down the
whole machine and re-installing Xubuntu from scratch, or is it safe
to mess about with the partitions using a tool like GParted. If the
latter, perhaps somebody knows of a good idiot's guide, as I've had a
few problems in the past resizing partitions.