[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Plans

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:59:04 UTC 2012

On 07/03/12 14:56, Alan Bell wrote:
> On 07/03/12 14:43, Liam Proven wrote:
>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=raspberry+pi+700+second
>>

>> I scaled it down 2 orders of magnitude to something I find a bit more
>> plausible.
>>
>> At £25, yes, I can believe they have a million-odd preorders.
>>
> yeah, I had seen the 700 a second stuff too, ridiculous! I can
> certainly believe they have a lot of pre-orders, certainly in the
> hundreds of thousands. A million is plausible taking into account
> international orders. What I am not seeing is a massive buzz about
> this in the educational sector yet. My teaching twitter friends are
> not really talking about it, it is a technology thing so far. Anyone
> else heard about the Raspberry Pi via a teacher or someone at a school
> who would not ordinarily be interested in geeky stuff?

There was a half double page (i.e. a double page with RPi in the top
half and ads in the bottom half) about it in Metro on Monday. So it's
had some press outside of tech circles. I haven't heard anybody talk
about it indeed but if it's made it to Metro, it's bound to make it to
non-tech circles.

Cheers,

Bruno