[ubuntu-uk] Ancient hardware - was Ubuntu Plans

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Mar 7 22:20:55 UTC 2012

On 07/03/12 22:03, paul sutton wrote:
> Cool, I am sure I have a few books on the speccy and z80 assembler, my
> spectrum still works (I think) actually composite lead may be useful
> for the raspberry PI. will have to check, Paul

When I graduated to the speccy, I bought an ex-naval teleprinter for a
fiver and wrote a routine that fed a teleprinter adaptor that I had
built, with a signal from the cassette port.  I seem to remember that I
had to provide a switching +-100v signal to give the binary marks and
spaces to the printer which ran at an amazing 75 baud (that's bps).  I
wrote an article for Practical Electronics and received £150 for it!
Just amazing how I was able to drive a dinosaur from a (then)
state-of-the-art computer.  I really enjoyed that exercise - must have
been about 1983 or 1984 I guess.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/