[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Plans

Grant Phillips-Sewell dcglug at cornwall-it.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 11:59:42 UTC 2012

It could well be just the thing to undermine Microsoft's ARM plans. If
there are good alternatives to Windows on ARM then the device manufacturers
can vote with their wallets, so to speak.

I imagine it is more costly to implement Microsoft's requirements than it
would be to not implement them... but if there are no real alternatives for
usable tablet operating systems (Android is good but, in my opinion, not
really that usable on tablets) then they would seem to have no choice but
to implement Microsoft's requirements.

Get a decent alternative in place and let the manufacturers sorry
themselves out.

Grant.