[ubuntu-uk] dig out your old computers...

Paul Broadhead pjbroad at twinmoons.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 23:55:44 UTC 2012

Phill Whiteside wrote:

> Yeah, for the testing of lubuntu [1] [2]

I have a Thinkpad X31 that is non pae.  It does have over 1GB RAM
however so does not tick all your boxes.  Anyhow, I download the latest
lubuntu beta-1 and created a bootable USB.  Unfortunately, this failed
to boot with the same pae error message that the standard ubuntu 12.04
beta-1 gives.  I'll happily try again with another build....

I came across the non pae issue yesterday when I tested the standard
12.04 beat-1 build.  In the end, I got a working system by installing
via the non-pae mini.iso image.

Regards,
Paul