[ubuntu-uk] Raspberry Pi

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:48:28 UTC 2012

On 29/02/12 18:07, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 29/02/12 17:27, john beddard wrote:
>> This the breakthrough we needed !
>>
>> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=raspberrypi&cm_mmc=UK-PPC-0212-_-02_Raspberry_PI-_-Raspberry_PI-_-Raspberry_Pi
>>

>> Has anyone got one yet ?
>>
>> John
>>

> Probably like many others I was up at 6am to try and order one but I
> wasn't so lucky, but I registered my interest.  I'm looking forward to
> getting a couple to play with (got a couple of ideas so far).

Same here. And I'm hoping to get an educational version when they come
out at the end of the year for my nieces. The way I understand it, the
first boards are targeted at developers so that they can build or port
apps. The idea is that when the educational version (which should come
with a case and manual as opposed to a bare board) is released, it will
have a fair number of apps.

Cheers,

Bruno