[ubuntu-uk] Ethernet not working after board replacement

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:43:59 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 09:20, James Morrissey wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone here could give me some instructions on how
> to check for restrictions by MAC and how to check udev.

Just delete (after looking at it) the file
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and restart - it will be
created automatically and handles the mapping between eth(x) and MAC
addresses.

Or you can edit it if you like. Probably just switch eth0 and eth1
around and the end of the two statements that I suspect will be there.
If you do that what will then be called eth1 can be removed as that MAC
will not exist any more...

Cheers

Al