[ubuntu-uk] virtualbox problems

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:23:10 UTC 2012

On 15 June 2012 07:23, richard <longforth1064 at gmail.com> wrote:
> can i install win 7 on virtualbox from an oem install disc? I got the to try
> linux and thought she could have windows in a virtual machine, but i think
> we might have got the wrong sort of disc.

/Some/ OEM disks. On balance, probably not.

Also, Win7 is a big, resource-thirsty OS.

Go looking on isohunt.com or one of the other bittorrent indices for
"TinyXP" - a very small, cut-down version of XP Pro. Absolutely ideal
for VMs.

Runs in about 70MB of RAM, although to be fair, once you have updated
it and put some antivirus on it it's bigger. Still runs fast with room
for an app or 2 in 512MB though.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884