[ubuntu-uk] Linux User Group of Glastonbury (was High Wycombe LUG)

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Jul 29 10:51:31 UTC 2012

On 29 July 2012 11:40, Bill B. <boosys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Make up an Ubuntu flag, stick it on a pole with a Tux flag adjacent

I have a huge "Tux" that I won at the UKOUG Conference many many years
ago... was made by SuSE and is about the size of a 10-year-old child
:-)

> [above or below] and set up at the next Glastonbury festival.

Not sure you mean the Glastonbury Festival... that would be incredibly
expensive for a stand and 99% of the people who attend aren't from
anywhere around here.

Something like the Mid-Somerset Show could work, though... would have
to find £75 or thereabouts for a pitch, but with a bit of willing...

http://midsomersetshow.org.uk

Too late for this year, anyway... I wrote their booking system and
they're fully booked (!!)...

> The people you meet will [hopefully] be a nice surprise, more open
> minded and may solve all those problems for you - and  maybe sow a few
> seeds of their own.

An idea worth persuing... but we'd need "staff", and at the moment
nobody seems to want to do anything.

Sean