[ubuntu-uk] High Wycombe LUG

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 09:18:01 UTC 2012

I didn't really picture it as being something so formal as having
speakers really. At Reading nothing like that goes on and it's a very
casual atmosphere. Especially if the uni was used as a way of getting
people involved very quickly I can't imagine the people we'd get
responding to that sort of thing. I see it very much as a gather in the
pub, bring a laptop and chat sort of thing. People can try live CDs on
their machines or play with it on my install. When issues arise 'I need
to use X application, how do I do that without Windows?' we would deal
with it in a practical way by setting up a working solution on the spot
and talking them through how linux can make their lives easier or better

I could see it being set up probably earlier in the month than Reading
so that people can be encouraged to join in with both if it takes their
fancy.