[ubuntu-uk] Thinkpad x130e

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:26:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

After having repeated problems with my x121e i have complained to
Lenovo until they agreed to offer me a new machine.

The X121e was running 12.04 without a problem but it is no longer in
production and all they can offer me is the x130e. From what i can
tell its all pretty similar to the x121e but i am not sure if there
might be some compatibility problems. My worry is mainly about the
wireless which i see is now Broadcom. Can anyone tell me if these
specs will be a problem and if the wireless is likely to work.

Thanks,

James.

Specs:

MTM: *Topseller*
Model: Lenovo ThinkPad X131e
Warranty: 1 Year Depot
CPU: Intel® Core Processor, i3-2367M, (Sandy Bridge), Dual Core, 1.4
GHz, Intel H D Graphics 3000
Chipset: Intel HM77 Express Chipset
TFT-Display: 11.6"/29.5cm, HD 1366x768, 16:9 Aspect Ratio,
LED-Backlight, Anti-Glare
Webcam: Webcam, HD720p resolution, fixed focus, wide view angle, low
light sensitive, face track
RAM: 4GB, PC3-12800 1600Mhz, DDR3, SODIMM
Memory installed: 4GB
Memory Limit: 8GB max
HDD internal: HDD, 2.5" 320GB, 7200 rpm, Serial ATA 2 (3Gb/s), 7mm, 4k
ODD: no Optical Disk Drive, ODD supported via USB
Card Reader: Multi Card Reader, 4-in-1
Modem: without Modem
Ethernet: 1x RJ-45, 1 Gbit/s
Ethernet Chip: Realtek RTL 8111E
WLAN: WLAN/Bluetooth Combo Chip, Broadcom, BCM943228HMB, 802.11
a/b/g/n, WPA+WPA2, half-size, 2x2, Bluetooth 4.0 integrated
WWAN: No WWAN
WWAN Upgrade: WWAN Upgradable
Video Out analog: 1x VGA
Video Out digital: 1x HDMI
USB: 2 x USB 3.0
USB powered: 1x USB 2.0 always on
FireWire: No IEEE 1394 FireWire
Expansion Card Slot: 1X Half Mini PCI Express Slot
Expansion Card Slot: 1X Mini PCI Express Slot
Audio Chip: RealTek HD-Audio (ALC269)
Audio In- / Output: 1x combo line-out/mic jack
Microphone: dual array microphone
Audio Speaker: 2 x Internal speaker
Audio Certificate: Dolby Advanced Audio V2
Keyboard: Full-Size Keyboard, 6 rows, spill-resistant
Keyboard Illumination: without ThinkLight (Keyboard Light)
Pointing Device: UltraNav, buttonless touchpad below keyboard,
multi-touch, TrackPoint, Internet Scroll Bar
Fingerprint Reader internal: without Fingerprint Reader
Management Character: without Intel AMT
Theft Protection: Kensington Lock
Battery: 6 cell, Li-Ion Battery, 62.40 Wh
Battery Runtime: up to 8.5 hr
Power Adapter: Power supply 65W
Power Plug: Notebook power plug
Machine Size: 293.4mm B x 216mm D x 32.3mm H
Case Material: Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS) plastic
Case Color: black
Case Color: Top: black
Energy Star: Energy Star 5.0
Epeat: EPEAT Gold
Rohs: RoHS compliant
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Pro Sticker
OS Upgrade: Windows 8 ready