[ubuntu-uk] Chrome flickering in Ubuntu 10.04

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 18 16:34:15 UTC 2012

The last couple of updates to Chrome on my Ubuntu 10.04 have
been well nigh unusable. If I move the mouse over the screen the
whole thing starts flickering and redrawing itself. The latest
release (Version 20.0.1132.57) is a lot better and I'm now
only having problems with eBay. In particular if I scroll the
page all the graphics go berserk and it continues to do this
even after I move the mouse out of the window.

Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone have a cure?
Firefox and Opera work OK but I really prefer Chrome...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site