[ubuntu-uk] Update BIOS with dual boot

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:07:45 UTC 2012

Hi Anton,

Yeah, i tried two USB sticks. The first didn't work and after finding
the following post
(http://linuxified-tips.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/bootlacecom-produces-error-invalid.html)
i saw that it had two partitions on it, in GParted. For some reason i
wasn't able to delete the partitions - but i'll save that issue for
another thread...

I then tried another USB which showed only one partition in GParted.
It gave the exact same error message.

Also i am not trying to write the ISO at this point. I am just trying
to create the grub4dos boot sector in the MBR of the flash drive. From
the instructions
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_Upgrade#Using_grub4dos_.28also_for_Linux.29)
it seems like i am meant to then copy the ISO to the root directory of
the pendrive.

So i don't think its the ISO or the disk.

Thanks for looking into this via your friend. I'll appreciate any advice.

I'll also call Lenovo in the morning to see if they can tell me why
the Windows utility isn't working.